This page will be a work in progress as I am reminded each and every day of things I should have packed while moving here. To my credit it was difficult to try to pack everything I wanted to bring for an entire year in just 2 suitcases. But there were some basics that really should have been packed… duh! Its not like there are not stores here, I can find almost anything (with the exception of PEANUT BUTTER.) But I would have preferred to have just brought them rather than spending more money on re-buying things I had in the US. Plus I brought a bunch of clothes that have ended up in a bag under our Futon/Bed, since they are more appropriate for the hot Arizona weather I have endured for the last 5 years.
Here is a list of things I should have brought in no particular order:
- My white wool peacoat (I debated on bringing it, but felt it took up too much space in the luggage. In retrospect it would have been cheaper to bring another suitcase rather than spend 160 Euros/$200 USD on the same coat here)
- My waterproof boots!! It’s freaking wet here!!!
- More skirts that look good with leggings and boots.
- One of those camping spice containers that comes with many spices (like this)
- My favorite movies! These are movies that I can watch over and over and over and never get tired of them. ELF, Christmas Vacation, and Christmas Story (did I mention what a Christmas-Freak I am?
- EARMUFFS!!! My ears were so cold, felt like they were going to fall right off yesterday.
- A warm hat… brrrr….
- Those little handwarmer things